Site Meter ashley brokop~blog
Monday, August 4, 2008
my dad's accident...
So here is the story...
Last week my dad was helping my grandpa put siding on his house. They live in Missouri. My dad said he was nailing on the siding and suddenly a nail somehow bounced off the siding and ended up in his eye. I won't go into details because anything eye related..if you are like me...makes my hands numb just thinking about it.
It ended up right next to where the color of your iris begins.
So in an attempt for my grandpa not to see it...my dad quickly removed the nail.
To make a long story short- he ended up in a really great eye hospital in Columbia and had surgery that night. His eye was taken out- if you can believe that...and was stitched back up and put back in.
Now all we can do is wait. If it heals with no infection he can keep his eye.

Please say a prayer for him...He cannot see at this point. He said yesterday that everything is super cloudy/fuzzy. To lose sight after seeing all your life...that is just terrible. The fact that he still will have one eye is the positive side. I believe his good eye is strained from overworking the last few days. My dad is suuuuper bullheaded and I know trying to watch television or read the paper...
pray that he heals!! I want him to see 20/20 again, in BOTH eyes!!!
Thank you, this means everything to me!!

Labels:

9 Comments:
Blogger Erin McCoy said...
I'm so sorry Ashley!!!

I hope everything ends up ok. Your dad and family are in my thoughts!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Ashley,

Our family will definitely pray for your Dad, and for full recovery of his eyesight! So sorry this happened. Thanks for sharing.

Amy

Blogger Kimberly Hill said...
Ashley, I'll be praying for your dad!!

Blogger The Birds Nest said...
Ouch!! That is horrible!! We will pray for complete healing.

Blogger Ashley O'Neal said...
Just said a prayer for you daddy-o.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
WoW Ashley! That's just so sad to hear about. I do hope you and your family are ok. After Betsy roll and tuck the other day what elce could go wrong? I will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers. please do say hello to Betsy, And wesley's tail. He is too cute!! If you need anything please let me know. I'm more than happy to assist. Elizabeth Pack

Blogger Amy P said...
I'm so sorry to hear that about your dad! A similar thing happened with my dad many many years ago when I was very young. He was fishing with my brother in a swamp and got hung up, the hook ended up coming back and getting him in his eye. He was 2 hours away from a hospital and my brother being 8 years old had to drive him there. He wasn't so lucky however, they saved the actual eye but he lost his sight in that eye. I'm sure your father will make a full recovery!! BTW, I'm a fellow photographer and I LOVE your work! Absolutely beautiful, I wish you were in my area so I could follow you around!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I'm praying girl......like you said, for him to see and to really SEE.
talk to you soon!
j

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Ashley so sorry to hear about your dad. You all will be in my thoughts and prayers. Heather